Running out of content ideas for your website or blog?
With almost 9 out of 10 companies using some variation of content marketing to attract leads, try to imagine the high volume of content that needs to be produced on a regular basis.
We have created a list of 20 content marketing tips you can use to ensure a strong flow of awesome ideas.
Please be sure to bookmark this page as we will be posting new Ideas in the weeks to come! Feel like sharing?
1. Invest in quality over quantity: Focus on creating fewer, but higher-quality pieces. Consider switching from five or more short post to one to two long more detailed posts.
2. Define your ideal persona: If you haven’t already done so, figure out exactly who you’re writing your content for.
3. Find new sources for high-quality images for your blog (hint: using google stock photos can make you look cheap).
4. Compile an intense list of industry statistics and research. These types of posts make you a contributor not just a player.
5. Write a top post on a relevant topic in your niche. (like I just did)
6. Write a post responding to a controversial article or video in the media that is in your area of expertise.
7. Write a post predicting trends in your niche or industry.
8. Inspect your previous posts and make sure each has only one call to action.
9. Use Ubersuggest (the free keyword suggestion tool) to find keywords or phrases for your next blog post.
10. Ask your readers to submit a story of their experience with your product or service.
11. Find out what’s hot in your industry and create a viral infographic about it.
12. Install ProBlogger’s new Sticky Top Bar Plugin to display an opt-in box or other call to action at the top of every page of your site.
13. Look through your analytics to see your top blog posts, then write a follow up.
14. Contact other key figures in your industry to talk about opportunities for cross promoting content via your email lists, guest posts and social media sharing.
15. Recycle some of your old newsletters by turning them into blog posts.
16. Recycle some of your old blog posts by turning them into newsletter content.
17. Use Portent’s Content Idea Generator to find new ideas and headlines for your next blog post.